Dr. Brian Gluvic
Dr. Brian Gluvic is a Naturopathic Physician at the Community Birth Program, where he provides family medical care with an emphasis on diet, nutrition, lifestyle counselling and natural therapies. He completed a Bachelor’s degree in Biology and Environmental Studies at the University of Victoria and naturopathic medical degree at Bastyr University in Seattle, Washington and received additional training in Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine at the International College of Traditional Chinese Medicine of Vancouver. He has also received additional training in physical/sports medicine and incorporates exercise therapies, acupuncture, and injection therapies such as trigger point injection, neural therapy and prolotherapy into his approach to chronic pain. He is board certified in Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine and prolotherapy.
Dr. Gluvic is an adjunct professor at the Boucher Institute of Naturopathic Medicine where he teaches Pediatrics. He has received extensive training in Naturopathic pediatrics and frequently lectures on children’s health topics.
Naturopathic medicine blends modern scientific knowledge with traditional and natural forms of medicine. Moving beyond just treating the symptoms, naturopathic medicine emphasizes treating the causes of illness and individualized treatments for each patient.
Naturopathic Medicine has been a provincially regulated form of medicine under the provisions of the Health Professions Act of British Columbia since 1926.
Naturopathic Medical Clinic includes:
- Naturopathic Family Medicine
- Physical Exams (conventional & specialty)
- Laboratory testing (Food allergy testing, skin prick allergy testing, hormone testing, heavy metal testing, and conventional lab testing)
- Women’s and Children’s health expertise
- Natural & Prescription Pharmaceuticals
- Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement therapy
- Sublingual Immunotherapy and allergy testing
- Nutrition & Diet Therapy
- IV vitamin/mineral therapies
- Weight loss expertise
- Acupuncture (Infertility, prebirth and induction, prenatal concerns)
- Chronic pain treatments: IV nutrition, Acupuncture, Trigger point therapy, neurotherapy (local anaesthetic) and prolotherapy
Our physicians will work with you to prevent and treat diseases, restore health, and establish optimal health by supporting your own natural self-healing ability. Treatments may include changes to diet and lifestyle, natural therapies including botanical medicine, clinical nutrition, hydrotherapy, homeopathy, naturopathic manipulation (spine & joint adjustments) and acupuncture.
Naturopathic medicine is covered by many extended health insurance carriers. We bill directly for many extended care plans.
To schedule an appointment with our Naturopathic doctors and begin your journey to better health, please contact our office.